Wisdom suggests that I have conversations that are actually helpful. That starts with what is in my heart, continues with what I say and is carried out in how I demonstrate my love. Jesus is challenging me.
At first, it doesn’t taste good to me. It is a taste to be acquired.
“The good acquire a taste for helpful conversation; bullies push and shove their way through life.” |King Solomon Proverbs 13:2 (The Message Bible)
Bullies are out to get their own way and make themselves look good.
- Jesus says: “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you.”
- Why be a bully? Where is the value in tearing others to pieces? Is it right to “punch down” or fight back?
- Why not be kind and thoughtful? Why not go the way of love? Why not learn from Jesus?
- Jesus is clear that “For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you.”
- God can’t stand twisted souls who are mean and cruel.
- It’s the straightforward who get God’s respect and who are in right standing with him. Jesus challenges me to not hate my enemies.
Leave a Reply